The Cabernet Primer for the Paris Adventuress Podcast
The world’s best Cabernets from France come from the Bordeaux, Bergerac, Languedoc-Roussillon regions in France. French Cabernet set the standards for the world and when exploring the wine regions of France on your next trip, you will not be disappointed.
Regions of the World where Cabernet Flourishes
The world is already making note of other wine regions that create this unique red wine such as the Napa Valley in the US, (*and lately Paso Robles, CA in the Central Inland area of the state) as well as the Red Mountain area in Washington state. South Australia and Chile, Spain, Italy, Argentina and South Africa. China, is also quickly becoming a wine region to be reckoned with, for this rich, deep red wine that tells many stories.
Live Wine Tasting of ONE HOPE WINES: Cabernet Wines of California
The next region in California, or “new world” Cabernets brings our Wine Tasting Live Podcast (*scheduled on September 14th, on @getcallin at 8:30 Pacific Time where you can sign up and join in the fun for our live discussions or listen to them later). ONE HOPE WINES Cabernet Sauvignon, from Paso Robles is our topic tonight and we’ll also share about how ONE HOPE WINES works in California and across the United States to raise money for Charity.
Here Are the Basic Flavor Profile(s) of Cabernet Sauvignon
- Black Cherry
- Black Current
- Baking Spices
- Black Rasberry
- Green Peppercorns
Flavor Profiles vary by the region, so carefully lose your eyes and just breath it in and see where it takes you.
If you love this wine, you will also love other similar wines like:
- Bordeaux Blend
- Cabernet Franc
- Nero D’avola
Suggested Food Pairings for One Hope Cabernet Sauvignon
- Grilled Steak with Mushrooms + Butter/Garlic or Truffle sauce
- Buffalo, Wagu Beef, or any type of Grilled Beef prepared on the Barbecue
- Vegetable Skewers that have Large Cap Mushrooms, Onions, Potatoes etc. grilled with Rice
- Roasted Chicken stuffed with Mushroons + Onions from Pain de Baguette + Provence spices.
- Roast Lamb with Rosemary New Potatoes and French Green Beans
- Rack of Lamb Prepared with Vegetable Compotes or Cauliflower Purees and Brussel Sprouts
- Game Hens stuffed with Venice Wild Rice and Mushrooms with a Cabernet Glaze Sauce.
- Large Cap Grilled Mushrooms stuffed with Wild Rice + Spices
- Mushroom Hamburgers with Swiss Cheese melted on Gluten Free Bun with sides of Onions + Peppers.