Wine Wednesdays on our Podcast: This week it’s Pinot Noir
From WINE ENTHUSIAST: Pinot Noir is a black wine grape variety of the species Vitis vinifera that hails from France. It’s one of France’s oldest grapes, cultivated more than a century ago by the Cistercian monks in Burgundy. Its origins from France make it one of the world’s most coveted wines that has a delicate flavor that has been a challenge to grow. But, in California, there are several micro climates well known for their Pinot Noire, and if you are not familiar with the movie “Sideways” this is a fun romp through the Santa Barbara region where it is mainly produced. However, other places have become prominent as well, the Russian River Valley and the Monterey county region. Oregon, as well as New York has also entered the world of Pinot Noire.
The One Hope Reserve Pinot Noir we are showcasing is a special creation from the team at ONE HOPE WINE the benefit company situated in the beautiful Napa Valley. This unique wine has the profile that is characteristic of the Monterey County region in California where it is from: Notes of dried cranberry, cherry, sassafras, and umami. Pairs with cheese and chutney, cranberry rice salad, lamb gyro, and dark chocolate.
To order our wine featured in the Podcast, ONE HOPE WINE order here for FEDEX shipping to your door. Bon Apetit!
THE MEAL PAIRINGS WE SUGGEST
- Light Pasta Dishes with Creme Sauce, such as Fettucine and other stuffed Pastas with a mushroom or spinach or pumpkin stuffing.
- Chicken Dishes such as Coq Au Vin or other roasted Fowl.
- Pork Chops with Grilled Spinach and Polenta.
- Roasted Vegetable Skewers with mushrooms, onions, peppers and Vegan Meats.
- Quiche dishes with Italian Ham and Cheese. (*Spinach Quiche with Mushrooms).
- Crepes stuffed with Mushrooms and Cheese creme sauce and savory spices.
- Lasagne Cassaroles
- Stuffed Game Birds like Cornish Style Game hens.