This just in: Paris is a Bargain. Yes, no one will believe you, when I tell you this, but it can be if you know where to go, and what to buy. And, they have H&M. Well, we just can’t get enough of H&M in the USA, we’re totally addicted to it, me included. I just heard that on November 14th, worldwide, the Jimmy Choo collection for H&M will debut. Doesn’t matter if you don’t wear high heels, or, if your idea of comfort is a Chanel Ballet flat. But let’s just say that you are totally High Heel sort of gal, (I am known to sport a Prada or two!) But the idea that I could run down the street, stand in line for a “nouvelle Jimmy Choo” H&M style just makes me totally happy. It’s fashion, that is totally affordable, if you choose the right things, mix with your own classics, and yes, even those designer items you bought last year and paid too much for. Its all in the Mix.
Here are some trends that we can all put in our closets ASAP:
- Shoulder Pads: Yup, there back. These can be added to some of your existing blouses to “pump it up” and give them a new life for the office. Pair these with tight skirt, new sexy pumps, and your’re right on target without the Balenciaga jacket that only the rich and famous can afford.
- 80s Vibe: Yes, if you didn’t already live through it, take this one on full throttle. However, my rule of thumb is if you have already lived your life as an 80s club-kid, better approach this trend with care and stick to classics like spike heeled pumps or pencil skirts. Leave the wilder stuff for the newbies.
- Draping: This is a great trend for just about any age: its ageless. Anything you want to do with draping, works if you need a bit up top, or down below. Basically, you can belt something and create softness, or simply get a new draped piece. Its 1940s/1980s and has a classic look for now, that works in the office or over a pair of jeans.
- Corsets: Men, beware, the Glamazon women has returned, so go easy girls, he won’t be able to take it if you come home in one of these-they’re great worn over white shirts with jeans, over jeans without, and under a jacket they continue to tempt, attract, and are just too good, to leave in the past. Approach with caution, but do give them a try!
- Vintage: Beyond a trend, buying vintage has its place, especially when top designers are secretly copying and selling these styles over and over again. Vintage shops are very good places to buy quality pieces, that are beautifully made, and work with other pieces in your wardrobe.
Here is our list of Stores that have Vintage, Trends, Affordable Chic, Designer Outlet:
- COLETTE – 213 rue Saint-Honore 1st
- Sonia Rykiel outlet-64 rue D’alesia, 14th
- WOCHDOM-72 rue Condorcet, 9th (vintage)
- H&M (any location)
- RECIPROQUE (vintage) 16th
- Outlets at Vallee Village